NOTE: Pianists and Bandoneon players who wish to attend the Tango Academy program are required to attend the Intensive Workshops
Application Deadline: APRIL 30, 2022
Applications submitted after the April 30th deadline will be considered if enrollment permits. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the availability.
Application Fee $45 Non-refundable and due with the application
IMPORTANT: In order for your application to be considered, all candidates must submit a fully completed application form, pay the application fee, and submit the required material. Applications with any missing items will not be considered.
All on-campus applicants must be at least 18 years of age by August 1, 2022 Applicants under 18 years of age can apply as long as they choose to stay off campus (no accommodations provided by the festival).
All applicants must submit a music biography. Previous experience in tango music is not required.
For string and piano applicants, the biography should include the following:
1. List of schools attended and degree obtained (applicants who are current students should indicate such along with the school name on the application form);
2. Awards and/or scholarships received, if applicable;
3. Music festivals attended, if applicable;
4. Recent performances and any other musical experience.
For bandoneon applicants, the biography should include:
1. Years of study playing bandoneon and/or other musical instruments;
2. Name of teacher(s) and/or schools, workshops or institutes attended;
3. Recent performances and any other musical experience.
Audio or Video Recording
A recording is REQUIRED for all appicants who wish to participate in the Tango Academy program. Please submit a good quality audio recording of any length that best represents their current level of playing. We prefer classical and/or tango repertoire.
Applicants who wish to apply for a scholarship are required to submit a good quality audio recording of any length that best represents their current level of playing.
NOTE: Scholarship is ONLY offered to the Tango Academy program participants.
Notification of Acceptance
Applicants will be notified via email by the first week of May. Upon acceptance, applicants will have approximately one week to accept or decline their invitation to the program.
For more information or assistance with your online application, please contact us by email: email@example.com